Friday, February 22, 2013

Craft Time: DIY Up-cycled Dress

I rediscovered this image while looking through the files on my computer.

This project I did a couple years ago, before I even had a sewing machine. My good friend had been buying cheap, ugly clothing from thrift stores 7 turning them into gems, I wanted to give it a go.

What do you think?

I like how it looks from the front. What a transformation!

(but good thing I never took a picture of the back! I hand sewed it, AND I didn't know what I was doing, so it looks terrible from the back)

and because of my shoddy, amateur craftsmanship, the dress ripped at its new seams,  so I scrapped it for bits of fabric for other projects.

Things that I learned:
  • machine sewing is faster
  • machine sewing is stronger
  • and most importantly:
  • sew new seems on the sides of the up-cycled clothes, NOT on the back
Click here for a list of Easy Sewing Projects, a post I wrote for Little House Living.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share