Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Toews Adventure: Zimbabwe

We feel urged to live a life worthy of the calling we have received, for God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, to declare His glory among the nations and His marvelous work among all the peoples.
(Taken from Ephesians 4:1, 2 Timothy 1:7, & Psalm 96:3
5 summers ago, I went on a Summer of Service trip to Zimbabwe. It was a life-changer. (seriously, I changed my major afterward). A big chunk of my heart is still there.
 So sometime in 2015, Team Toews is going back!
We plan to go to Zimbabwe in the year 2015, for a year, with TEAM Missions (the same organization I went with five years ago). I will be a nurse in a local missionary hospital. Kameron with be doing his thing as a videographer. We will be sharing the word & love & promises of God, and living life with the people I met there.
5 years ago God told me He would bring me back to this place. & soon I get to bring my husband there!
This week Kam & I are in Tennessee for orientation with TEAM, getting goals, getting motivated to raise support, and gathering with individuals who share our passions to share their God hearts with the world. And when we return we will dive into this fundraising thing, and we'll be asking you for money. So get ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share