Monday, April 15, 2013

50 Recipes: Vegetable Soup

13/50
Yummy.

I liked this soup a lot. It had lots of flavor.
The only problem is... I cannot really remember the recipe. =(
But I never really have a recipe with soups anyways. Basically I throw things in a crock-pot and call it good.
(and that's how I ended up with nasty squash soup last week)

Here is the basic premis:

  • 1 can of diced tomatoes
  • 1 can of vegetable brother
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 handfulls of carrots
  • 1/2 onion
  • 2 handfuls of spinach
  • 1 cup green beans
  • salt
  • pepper
  • garlic salt
  • oregano
  • parsley
  • bay leaf
  • any other suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. One, I don't think you want to throw a vegetable brother in. :) Two, you might want to add garlic cloves, beans, or meat, e.g. meatballs or chicken. We make lovely soups with those ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, that's how I make soup too. I love green beans in my veggie soup, like you added. I also like barley, but my kids like alphabet pasta better.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share