Friday, October 26, 2012

Pumpkin Picking

Today I was a chaparone/nurse for a field trip at work. We took the kids pumpkin picking at Wightman's Farm. It was a hoot! The kids had a ball and went crazy! We started the day off with a hay ride though the farm. Saw radishes, spinach, pumpkins, and apples growing. The trees were all sorts of colors. At the end of the hay ride, we all got to pick one small pumpkin from the field. Each adult was assigned one or two kids to keep track of all day. I had one little munchkin who was a wild one! He could not decide on a pumpkin, and almost got too distracted by the hay bale maze before picking one out. One time I thought I lost him, but was found moments later exiting the maze. Good thing, too. I have 9 more month of this internship, I can't screw up yet! The trip ended after eating our sack lunches. The kids were exhausted, but not ready to leave. Though they did sleep the whole way back to school. My coworker friend and I had driven separately, so we stayed behind and shopped at the little grocery store / farmer's market they had at the farm. I bought a big pumpkin for the hubs & I to carve, and also a half-gallon of farm-brewed apple cider. So delicious! (we also made a pit stop at Starbucks to get a fall treat: Pumpkin Spice Latte) I love fall




    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share